Holy Mother of God! This is why I’ve been missing in action lately.

Saturday June 1

  • 10:00 pm: Fever/Chills/Sweats

Sunday June 2

  • 7:00 am: Wake up to aching bones. Hips, thighs, calves. Unbelievable pain.
  • 10:00 pm: Another night begins of Fever/Chills/Sweats

Monday June 3

  • 7:30 am: Out of bed with again, aching bones. Pain in the legs are just bearable enough to go to the office for a few hours. They keep spasming in different locations but our company is hosting a huge educational event next weekend so gotta get some stuff done.
  • 11:30 pm: Lights out to a pretty uneventful night. Slept well.

Tuesday June 4

  • 7:30 am: Wake up, get the kids off to school. The legs are still a little achy and  the odd spasm occurs but nothing like yesterday.
  • 12:00 pm: Legs are fine. Pain gone. I’m happy and looking forward to dinner with friends tonight.
  • 11:45 pm: Had a great dinner with friends. Feel good and think nothing of the past few days other than the fact that I must have had a bug.

Wednesday June 5

  • 7:30 am: Wake up with mild Vertigo. Faaaaaack. I am dying to just feel normal!
  • 10:00 pm: Go to bed feel very tired and a little uncomfortable. Can’t put my finger on why.

Thursday June 6 – Saturday June 8

  •  Throw up. Throw up. Throw up. Could not keep a drop inside these bones. Intense ear aches in the middle of both nights. Little sleep, nothing to eat. Nothing to drink. I sincerely thought I might be dying.

Saturday June 8

  • 9:00 am: Kept my first glass of water down. Had a shake and some toast. It stayed down too. Could not stop shaking and was super dizzy. Noticed a bizarre ear issue. Spidey hearing. Anyone talking sounded like they were talking to me through a long tube. Everything was SUPER LOUD! Was basically useless all day. Had a shower…had to sit on the floor and plug my ears it seemed so loud…it was brutal…you get the drill.
  • 1:00 pm: Had some soup. Keeping food down. Very good.

Sunday June 9

  • 9:00 am: Another terrible night behind me. Would give my left leg for a good night of sleep.

Monday June 10

  • 8:30 am: Wake up to the same thing. Shaking and Vertigo. Enough already. A friend of mine, Sarah Jones (also a paramedic), recommends I head to Lions Gate Hospital for an IV. The fluids I would need to drink are too much so I heed her advice and head down to LGH.
  • 10:38 am: IV in! Blood drawn. Results to be given over the phone when they come in so I can go home when the second bag is done. Score!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1:00 pm: Home and in bed again. Strength back. No more shakes. Wish I could say the same for the Vertigo.
  • 2:00 pm: Blood results. All good. Anemic a bit but nothing of concern.
  • 5:45 pm: Go to view a potential house. Has to happen. Running out of days. Find out from the agent that her friend too was in the hospital today to deal with Vertigo and she was told by the ER Doctor that she was the 11th person in for Vertigo that day as a result of a flu that’s going around.
  • 9:30 pm: Off to sleep. Well a crappy sleep again.

Tuesday June 11

  • 3:30 am –  5:30 am: Awake and bitter.
  • 8:05 am: Get out of bed with fingers crossed. FUCK. Still got the Vertigo.
  • 4:23 pm: Writing this since for the first time I can sit up and look at a computer (or anything) without seeing two of them. On the mend!!

I miss my kids. I miss life. I miss you my bless-ed blog.

I have to mention my three boys. All of whom came down with the flu this past week as well. They were so brave and so good. Most of my tears were shed over them and my inability to care for them properly. Jude said it best at 2 in the morning while he was vomiting in the toilet after patiently waiting for me to finish. I was lying on the floor of the bathroom rubbing his back when he said, “Mom, you’re not taking care of me properly!” The next morning though he came bouncing into the room and said, “Mom you took excellent care of me last night…thank you”. Bless his heart…I really didn’t.

Anyhoo, there’s my story of what I’ve been up to. Fun right?

Fingers crossed I wake up tomorrow with a clear head…my word.

A special thank you to Auntie Stretch, Annie, Auntie Patsy, RJ, Jonesy, Hilary, Heather, Gordo and anyone who has helped with the kidlets this past week and half. I can’t type too much because I’ll bawl my eyes out and thats all I’ve been doing for ten days…besides puking and shitting diarrhea (which I left out cause you people don’t want to know how many times that was going on). 


6 Comments on “Timeline

  1. So sorry to hear you were so ill 😦 That’s horrible! Next time pls call me if that happens so I can help out with whatever you made need. XO

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: