Saturday Night Fever…Literally

We headed up to Whistler on Thursday. Friends of ours offered their condo to our family for the week. Unfortunately, we could only make it up there for one night but we managed to pack a whole lot into our day and a half. It was amazing and we are so grateful to Tanya and Tim for their generosity.

Thursday night Knox fell out of bed. When I went into the room to see what was wrong, I found him on the floor crying. He was burning up. Hot cheeks, hot torso, the poor thing was hot all over and of course the fever arrived on the one night we were away from home. Away from our Tylenol. I tucked him into his bed and got a nice cold cloth to sit on his head. Because I get overly concerned when any of the boys are sick (I have deep issues from the parents passing I do believe) I climbed in with him and spent the night checking in on him regularly. Changing up the cold cloth and rubbing his back. Knox woke up at 4:00 a.m. and had a hard time getting back to sleep…he was tossing and turning every 30 seconds. But he finally did start sawing logs again.

Friday was a much better during the day. Knox was a little clingy but not feverish. We were the typical tourists taking the gondola to the top of Whistler Mountain, riding Peak to Peak, tobogganing and eating lunch on the mountain top. Friday night Knox did come down with a bit of a fever again and woke up at a strange hour restless and seemingly uncomfortable. Fortunately this time we had the Tylenol close at hand which did help him get comfortable and bringing him into bed with me probably didn’t hurt either.

Saturday, was my turn. Brutal night. Fever, achy achy bones, chills, sweats…it was miserable. Crazy dreams too. I could barelly get out of bed in the morning. I did step up to the next level of Tracy Anderson Saturday morning and my legs took a beating during that but this pain was different. It was in my hips, thighs, knees, back…and still is. I did manage to get up and head into the office to get some work done but I was moving slowly and fell right back to sleep when I got home. Again, chills. I just couldn’t get warm.

Anyhoo, I don’t have much to report other than that for the time being. Later in the week I will post a few pics or a video of my new Tracy Anderson program. The legs on this one are deadly. Unbelievably difficult.

For now, here are a couple pics from our Whistler adventure.









Knox just hangin.


Little monkey.


One Comment on “Saturday Night Fever…Literally

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: